Personality disorders affect people from all walks of life. Unfortunately, a lack of education, awareness, and mental health support can lead many people to struggle with undiagnosed personality disorders. At Clean Recovery Virtual Program, we provide comprehensive treatment for personality disorders through our telehealth mental treatment programs.
If you or someone you know needs personality disorder treatment, call Clear Recovery Virtual Program now to learn how our online personality disorder treatment can help you and your loved ones. Reach our staff at 866.680.0969 to find the right telehealth mental health treatment program.
What Is A Personality Disorder?
Personality is the way we think, feel, and behave in the world. Influenced by childhood, environment, and belief systems, a person’s personality does not change over time. As the name suggests, a personality disorder is a mood disorder that affects a person’s behavior, emotions, and personality. A personality disorder often causes people to react to social situations in ways that may not make sense to others. This can cause distress and feelings of isolation. Personality disorders affect:
- How someone thinks about themself
- How someone thinks about others
- How someone emotionally responds
- How someone relates to others
- How someone controls their behavior
Personality disorders present long-term patterns of unexpected inner experiences, ways of seeing others, and behaviors. People with personality disorders may feel their experiences are distinct from others and struggle to empathize. Left untreated, personality disorders can have lasting, detrimental effects.
Understanding Signs and Types of Personality Disorders
Understanding personality disorders can be confusing. There are ten types of personality disorders. Often presenting in late adolescence, personality disorders include:
- Antisocial personality disorder: Impulsivity, lying, and disregarding the rights and feelings of others.
- Avoidant personality disorder: Extreme shyness, avoidance, low self-esteem, and feeling unworthy around others.
- Borderline personality disorder: Poor-self image, impulsivity, anger, and intense emotions.
- Dependent personality disorder: Trouble making decisions or feeling hopeless without others.
- Histrionic personality disorder: Needing to be the center of attention and often experiences intensely shifting emotions.
- Narcissistic personality disorder: A lack of empathy and feelings of self-importance.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder: Preoccupation with work, avoiding others, obsessing over schedules.
- Paranoid personality disorder: Struggling to connect with others out of fear they will be harmed.
- Schizoid personality disorder: Detaching from social relationships, showing little emotion, and often preferring to be alone.
- Schizotypal personality disorder: Experiencing excessive anxiety, social isolation, eccentric behavior, and distorted thinking.
Studies show that 9% of adults live with personality disorders. Diagnosis requires a qualified therapist. While symptoms may present in late adolescence, diagnosis and treatment most often happen in adulthood when a person’s brain is fully developed.
Begin Online Personality Disorder Treatment at Clear Recovery Center Virtual Program
Diagnosing and treating a personality disorder can profoundly change people’s lives and relationships. The most effective treatment for personality disorders is psychotherapy. Group and individual therapy can help. Dialectical behavior therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy are the leading evidence-based therapies to help clients change thought patterns and emotional capacity and improve relationships. Other techniques include exercise, stress management, mindful meditation, and support groups.
Finding the right treatment program can be overwhelming. At Clear Recovery Virtual Program, we provide clients with holistic, evidence-based telehealth for personality disorder and other mood disorders. Our flexible telehealth program can provide the care and flexibility you need for optimal wellness. Our programs include group therapy, PTSD therapy, and trauma therapy to help clients heal from the comfort of home. We believe that telehealth treatment can help clients with lasting support for overall wellness.
Start Personality Disorder Treatment at Clear Recovery Virtual Program Now With Same-Day Enrollment
Don’t let your personality disorder go untreated. Call us now at 866.680.0969 to learn more about our telehealth mental health treatment program and get started with same-day treatment now.
3 Easy Steps
At Clear, we make it simple to start your journey to mental wellbeing.
Give us a call
Contact our 24/7 admission line to speak with a member of our care team. They will go over treatment options and insurance coverage.
If you are a good fit for treatment at Clear, we will schedule your admission date. Our team can accommodate a start within a few days.
You will jump right into your online therapy sessions on your first day. Your case manager and therapist will guide you on your journey to mental wellbeing.
We Are In-Network.
We accept most commercial health insurance policies. We are not contracted with Medi-Cal, Medicare, or Kaiser.