Therapy is an essential tool for mental health and wellness. No matter what a client is struggling with, therapy can help. In today’s increasingly isolated world, mental health disorders and general feelings of separation can make it hard for people to connect with others, reduce stress, and thrive under daily pressures. Unfortunately, stigmas, schedules, and a lack of mental health education prevent many people from seeking the support they need. Group therapy is an increasingly popular way to help people connect with others, improve mental health, and build a sustainable community.
If you or someone you love is struggling with mental health, group therapy can help. At Clear Recovery Virtual Program, we help clients build community through individualized, evidence-based mental health therapy programs. Learn more about our flexible virtual programs today. Call us now at 866.680.0969 to find the right group therapy for you at Clear Recovery Virtual Program.
What Is Group Therapy For Mental Health?
As the name suggests, group therapy is a type of therapy that happens with others. For many, this approach to therapy may sound awkward or overwhelming. In reality, group therapy helps people deepen their understanding of their own mental health and the mental wellness of others. Group therapy programs and sessions differ based on clients’ needs.
In a typical session, a group of clients with similar life experiences or mood disorders come together with a licensed therapist. They’ll meet anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes. During a traditional talk therapy session, group members will share their experiences and respond to each other as the therapist moderates, offers suggestions, and presents exercises to the group. Most group therapy sessions will use multiple techniques to help clients change behaviors, improve communication, and increase emotional intelligence. At Clear Recovery Virtual Program, clients enjoy all the benefits of group therapy with the flexibility of online sessions.
Benefits of Group Therapy
The idea of starting group therapy might be scary. However, group therapy for mental health has a wealth of benefits, including:
- Affordability: Group therapy can be more affordable than individual sessions, providing clients with long-term support.
- Flexibility: Our virtual IOP program provides the support of in-person group therapy with the convenience of attending sessions from home.
- Cultivating community: Sometimes, it’s hard to find people to talk about mental health with. Group therapy provides a safe, open space to begin mental health conversations and healing together.
- Mirroring: For many people, mental health disorders can feel isolating. Group therapy can provide healthy mirroring and help people shift perspectives as they realize others are struggling with similar symptoms.
- Structure: Structure is a crucial component of stabilizing mental health. Group therapy can provide ongoing structure and stability.
- Improved communication: Talking and listening to others can be vital for those struggling with mental health. Group therapy can help clients articulate their thoughts, feelings, belief systems and provide constructive and supportive feedback to others.
Tools from group therapy can help clients in every aspect of their lives. In our virtual IOP, clients may also feel safer connecting with people from the comfort of home.
Learn More About The Benefits of Virtual Group Therapy Now
If you or someone you love is struggling with mental health, don’t wait for help. Call Clear Recovery Virtual Program today. Our comprehensive mental health program provides evidence-based mental health therapy that meets your needs and your schedule. Whether you’re a frontline worker, a caregiver, or someone who needs a balance between structure and flexibility, we have the intensive outpatient program for you. Our group counseling can help clients build community through honesty, connection, and support. With a range of tools, programs, and treatments, the team at Clear Recovery Virtual program can help your whole family thrive.
Call us now at 866.680.0969 to learn more about our group therapy program and to get started today!